Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Trauma Defusion

"As a mother, my job is to take care of what is possible and trust God with the impossible."
~Ruth Bell Graham


I just got through a crazy morning and am now trying to relax the tightness in my chest that it has caused! Sitting listening to the radio, reading blogs that are filled with encouragement and truth. There are so many things I could be doing and a few that maybe I should be doing, but this morning after talking to my good friend, she gave me permission to leave some of those things behind and get refocused.

Isaiah 45:3
And I will give you treasures hidden in the darkness-secret riches.
I will do this so that you may know that I am the LORD.
The God of Israel.
The one who calls you by name.

Yeah, I am called by name! And am gaining secret riches through the daily yuckiness!!

Proverbs 1:7
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge,
but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

I am knowledgeable.

Psalm 23:1
The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.

I am filled.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

I am forgiven! I will live forever!

Ephesians 8:10
For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

I am the way I am on purpose!

Romans 5:1
Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.

I am justified by faith...not by works (Ephesians 2:8-9)

Romans 3:22-...
The righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all who believe. For there is no distinction. For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God...

I am righteous even though I've fallen again and again!

Isaiah 1:18
Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow.

I am purified!

Hmm...just going to enjoy this bit of peacefulness. I do feel like the radio is blaring in my ears, but I'm not prepared for the waking of a sleeping girl, because of the noise change. I'll probably head down and work on that laundry...part of the yuckiness I mentioned earlier. You see, I had a restless night last night. I have also realized that if I sit down on the couch and read a book in the first two hours after Kevin has gone to work, I WILL fall asleep. I try to tell that to Kj that fact every morning when she wants me to read her a book. Well, I did it anyways, and had a peaceful 10 minute nap. Then... Ahhh!! Why did I wake up!? Or, maybe I should blame it on the falling asleep in the first place. Well, I guess I am going to leave you all in suspense, because I am just feeling all that relaxation leaving my body....back to the refocusing.

Next thing on the refocus list: Find a good babysitter! I think we need a little retreat.

1 comment:

KgL said...

I was also looking at the verse from Isaiah 45:3 this week!:

Secret Riches
Isaiah 45:3
And I will give you treasures hidden in the darkness-secret riches.
I will do this so that you may know that I am the LORD.
The God of Israel.
The one who calls you by name.

"We can mine great things from the dark times in our lives--things that may not be discovered any other way. Things like irrepressible hope, unsurpassable peace, inexplicable joy, unfailing comfort, divine endurance, and amazing grace. In Isaiah, God calls these secret riches. How will we discover these treasures lying hidden in the darkness of our trials if we're always ....trying desperately to avoid any testing, suffering, or pain?"
(from It's No Secret by Rachel Olson)